Enjoy a premium half day wine tour on the legendary Golden Mile Wine Trail in the South Okanagan!
The wines of the Golden Mile Trail are distinctive with their own unique flavors and aromas. This is due to the rare minerality found only here in Canada’s only true desert. The hot dry summers create the perfect climate for late-ripening premium grapes. This area is also known for their bold red wines, so make sure to try a variety. Your tour guide is not only knowledgeable and passionate about wine varietals and the unique geography of the Golden Mile, but also about nature. Your interpretive guides may be either a Naturalist or a Biologist! Either will teach you about the ecology, wildlife, native plants and cultural history of the Okanagan Valley.
The length of the tour is 3 hours at the wineries, with stops at 4 of these wineries and from 16-20 tastings. (Total time spent on the tour will be over 3 hours when travel time is included.) There is a minimum booking of four required. We can also offer discounts for groups of 6 or more, just contact us. If you have more time you can check out the full day tour here.
- Road 13 Vineyards, voted the #1 Winery in Canada in 2018 by the Wine Align National Wine Awards of Canada.
- Church and State Wines is a boutique winery known for hand-crafted wines at reasonable prices.
- Gehringer Brothers Winery, BC born winemakers who learned their craft in Europe then brought that knowledge home to establishing their Estate Winery.
- Inniskillan, an industry pioneer hand-crafting award-winning VQA table wines and icewines.
- Tinhorn Creek’s two vineyards grow the exceptional grapes for Gewürztraminer and Muscat on the west side of the Valley, and Merlot and Cabernet Franc on the east.
- A professional wine tour guide and driver.
- All tasting fees.
- Chilled bottled water, sparkling or plain.
- Door to door pick up and drop off service in a luxury air conditioned van. Pick up times depend on your location, the Tour Operator will confirm the time.
- A lunch and gratuities are not included.